Saturday, January 26, 2013

My Sunflower blog 

Day 1: 1/22/13 I planted the sunflower seed in a cup with some soil. when I got back to my dorm, I watered it and put it on my windowsill so it could emjoy the sunlight



Day 2: 1/23/13 I watered my sunflower today, and I let it sit on the windowsill for sunlight

Day 3: 1/24/13 Today, my sunflower did not get much sunlight. It was a gloomy day, and although it was on the windowsill, there was not much sunlight coming through. I also watered my sunflower today.

Day 4: 1/25/13 Today, I found a sprout in the cup. It is curled over into the dirt, so all I can see is the side of the stem.  I watered the sunflower sprout and let it sit on the windowsill for sunlight



Day 4: 1/25/13 Today, I watered the sunflower sprout and let it sit on the windowsill for sunlight.

Day 5: 1/26/13 Today, the sprout grew up a little bit so that the plant is growing straight up and no longer bent over.  The sprout is not very tall, and the sunflower seed shell is still on the plant.  I watered the plant today and let it sit on the windowsill for sunlight.


Day 6: 1/27/13 Today, I watered my sunflower and let it sit on the windowsill.  It seems to have grown a little bit taller, but other than that it looks the same.

Day 7: 1/28/13 Today, I did not have to water my sunflower. The dirt was still moist, so i left in on the windowsill for sunlight.

Day 8: 1/29/13 Today, my sunflower looks significantly taller.  It seems to have had a growth spurt, yet the sunflower seed shell is still on the plant.  I watered it and left in on the windowsill for sunlight.


Day 9: 1/30/13 Today, my plant looks great!  The shell came off of the plant and two large leaves are showing.  It has grown even taller. I watered it and put it on the windowsill for sunlight, yet it is very cloudy outside and no sun is coming through.


Day 10: 1/31/13 Today, I watered my sunflower and let it sit on the windowsill. It seems to still be growing taller each day.

Day 11: 2/1/13 Today, I watered my sunflower and let it sit on the windowsill. It is several inches tall and growing more every day.

Day 12: 2/2/13 Today, when I went to water my sunflower I saw that it had grown two new leaves! They are growing out of the center of the original two leaves.


Day 13: 2/3/13 Today, I watered my sunflower and let it sit on the windowsill. The new leaves have grown significantly bigger since yesterday. 

Day 14: 2/4/13 Today, I watered my sunflower and let it sit on the windowsill.  The leaves have gotten much bigger, and they are catching up to the size of the original two leaves.


Day 15: 2/5/13 Today, I watered my sunflower and let it sit on the windowsill.  The plant has started to grow taller at the top so that the two new leaves are raised above the two original leaves.

Day 16: 2/6/13 Today, I watered my sunflower and let it sit on the windowsill.  The two new leaves have grown almost as large as the original leaves, yet they are not as wide.

Day 17: 2/7/13 Today, I did not have to water my sunflower.  I left it on the windowsill, but it was a very rainy day, and it did not get much sunlight.  The plant continues to grow, and the newer leaves are raised very high above the original leaves.


Day 18: 2/8/13 Today, I watered my sunflower and let it sit on the windowsill for sunlight.

Day 19: 2/9/13 Today, I watered my sunflower and let it sit on the windowsill for sunlight.  The plant continues to grow taller both from the bottom and between the two sets of leaves.

Day 20: 2/10/13 Today, I watered my sunflower and let it sit on the windowsill for sunlight. The plant has grown very tall, and the leaves are getting larger as well.



Day 21: 2/11/13 Today, I watered my plant and set in on the windowsill for sunlight, but there was not much sun.

Day 22: 2/12/13 Today, I did not need to water my plant because the soil was still moist. I left it on the windowsill in case any sun came through, but it was cloudy and rainy all day.

Day 23: 2/13/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight, yet once again it is a cloudy and rainy day, so it does not seem that the plant has gotten any sunlight. Regardless of the weather, my plant has grown even taller, and it has sprouted two more leaves at the top.



Day 24: 2/14/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight, but the sun was not shining today, because it was very cloudy.

Day 25: 2/15/13 Today, I did not have to water my plant because the soil was still moist. I left it on the windowsill, and finally it was sunny today so my plant could have sun.  The two new leaves have grown a little bit, but they are still very small.

Day 26: 2/16/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight.

Day 27: 2/17/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight. The new leaves have not grown much bigger yet.

Day 28: 2/18/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight

Day 29: 2/19/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight, but it was rainy yet again and there was not much sun

Day 30: 2/20/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight.

Day 31: 2/21/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight. The newest leaves have grown larger. I noticed that the bottom leaves have started to get lighter than the rest of the plant.


Day 32: 2/22/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight. 

Day 33: 2/23/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight. 

Day 34: 2/24/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight. The newest leaves continue to grow larger, and the bottom leaves have gotten so light that they barely look green anymore. 


Day 35: 2/25/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight, yet it was a cloudy day, and not much sun came through.

Day 36: 2/26/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight.


Day 37: 2/27/13 Today, I watered my plant and left in on the windowsill for sunlight.  The bottom leaves of my plant have brown areas on them, and they look like they are dying.


Day 38: 2/28/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight.


Day 39: 3/1/13 Today, I watered m plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight.  One of the bottom leaves has turned completely brown and died, yet it is still connected to the plant.




Day 40: 3/2/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight.

Day 41: 3/3/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it by the windowsill for sunlight. The other bottom leaf has turned brown, but it is not dead yet.

Day 42: 3/4/13 Today, I watered my plant and left in on the windowsill for sunlight.

Day 43: 3/5/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight. The leaves on the bottom continue to brown and die, yet they are still attached to the plant.  The plant has grown two new leaves at the very top.


Day 44: 3/6/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight.

Day 45: 3/7/13 Today, I re-potted my plant.  The roots had grown all the way to the bottom of the styrofoam cup, and they had wrapped around several times.  I then watered my plant and left in on the windowsill for sunlight.  


Day 46: 3/8/13 Today, I brought my plant home with me for spring break.  It survived the car ride and has a new temporary home on my kitchen windowsill.  I watered my plant and left in on the windowsill for sunlight. 

Day 47: 3/9/13 Today, I watered my plant and left in on the windowsill for sunlight.  One of the dead leaves on the bottom has fallen off.

Day 48: 3/10/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight.  The new leaves at the top have grown a little bigger.

Day 49: 3/11/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight.  The other dead leaf on the bottom fell off.

Day 50: 3/12/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight.

Day 51: 3/13/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight.  The two new leaves have grown, and the plant now has two more new leaves.


Day 52: 3/14/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight.

Day 53: 3/15/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight. The new leaves don't seem to be growing much yet. 

Day 54: 3/16/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight

Day 55: 3/17/13 Today, my plant traveled back to Mercer with me.  Because of the travel time, my plant did not get much sunlight, and it did not need water today. 

Day 56: 3/18/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight.  It was an overcast day, and not much sun came through the window.


Day 57: 3/19/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight.

Day 58: 3/20/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight.  The leaves are growing slightly, but they are still rather small.

Day 59: 3/21/13 Today,  I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight.

Day 60: 3/22/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight.

Day 61: 3/23/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight, but it was slightly overcast, so not much sun came through. 


Day 62: 3/24/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight, but it was overcast yet again, so not much sun came through.

Day 63: 3/25/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight.  The plant is still growing, but it is happening rather slowly, and nothing has drastically changed for awhile.

Day 64: 3/26/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight


Day 65: 3/27/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight

Day 66: 3/28/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight

Day 67: 3/29/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight

Day 68: 3/30/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight.  One of the bottom leaves has started to fade.

Day 69: 3/31/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight.  The bottom leaf is still loosing its color

Day 70: 4/1/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight.  The bottom leaf has started to brown

Day 71: 4/2/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight.

Day 72: 4/3/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight.  The bottom leaf continues to brown

Day 73: 4/4/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight.  The bottom leaf has turned completely brown

Day 74: 4/5/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight, but it was a very rainy and overcast day, so it did not get much sun.

Day 75: 4/6/13 Today, I did not need to water my plant, but I left it on the windowsill for sunlight

Day 76: 4/7/13 Today, I watered my plant and left it on the windowsill for sunlight.  The bottom leaf has completely shriveled up and died, but it is still attached to the plant









No comments:

Post a Comment